Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: It's that time of year again.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    It's that time of year again.

    Who else is a fan. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]


    Morel

    Labill59

    morel mushrooms2

    morels

    morel300dpi

    sm1

    white mrl 1

    Morchella esculenta 23 2

    a061204a
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  2. #2
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's that time of year again.

    I ate a mess this weekend at my mom's! Man was they tastey!
    I am horrible at finding them, my step-dad can spot them 50 yards away! (just a little exaggeration [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's that time of year again.

    I used to live on top of a mountain in Dickenson Co. and found them easily up there. Any help from any of you folks down here in BSG on a good place to hunt would really be appreciated. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's that time of year again.

    My father has found a little over 300 so far this year. I will probably go in the morning since we got this hard rain. I took notsosilentbob the other day to only find 3, but dang are they great.

    If you want to come to Scott Co, I might be able to put you on a few lung.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's that time of year again.

    There are lots of places in Scott Co. I drive through that look like they'd be loaded. Like between Nickelsville and Dungannon. I just don't want to be shot. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Any suggestions would be welcomed Stripes.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's that time of year again.

    Blitzburgh fan just hit on it. Manville - Hill Station is loaded with them. Another good place is to go back behind the football/baseball field at RC. They don't yield a lot, but quite a few.

    I have been bringing my boss a few, cause he a nut case for them. He even sent me this website about finding them:

    Morel Mushroom
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #7
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's that time of year again.

    my mom and step dad live on the very top of Manville, we hiked behind there house and found half a trash bag full, we left alot up there so they will come back next year. What we didn't eat we took to my Aunt, quick question can you freeze them and eat them later?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's that time of year again.

    Found 3 behind the store just about 20 minutes ago, got me in the mood to go out behind the house tonight to try and find some.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's that time of year again.

    I found some the Saturday...not very many though.
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's that time of year again.

    oooohhhh Morels!!!
    When I was little it used to be a big production to go out and dry land fish.

    My mom cooked up a batch for dinner last Thursday.
    Funny how around here we'll eat them by the pound, but in cities restaurants pay dearly for them and use them as garnish.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •